Saturday, October 30, 2010

2010 Haunt Reviews: The I Scream Factory

The I Scream Factory
3280 Brighton Blvd
Denver, CO

The I Scream Factory, a first-year haunt, has a lot of potential. They have a large, isolated space that could be used very effectively, and they have worked out the secret of creating a very disorienting atmosphere through the use of darkness and music. Unfortunately, they haven't done much to build on these assets, as most of the haunt is woefully underpopulated. In addition, their one somewhat novel idea, the multiple paths you can take at the end, is undermined by the fact that the split is controlled by a standard employee with a flashlight, which completely breaks the mood – you may as well be heading into an entirely separate haunt. All of that said, I do want to give credit to the acrobatic boy on the school bus, who was very creepy – but I certainly can't recommend the haunt.

3/10

No comments: