Sunday, October 24, 2010

17. Triangle

Triangle
Christopher Smith, 2010

After their yacht is capsized in a storm, a small group of people find themselves trapped on an abandoned steamship - with a killer.

This was an interesting one. If you go into it expecting the basic stalk-and-kill implied by my one-line synopsis above, you're either going to be very disappointed or very happy - but either way, it won't be what you expected. I won't go into any further detail on that point; it's probably better just to see for yourself. The only reason I don't rate it higher is the excess of cheap CGI (probably unavoidable, under the circumstances) and some very clunky dialogue, particularly anytime exposition comes into play. Still, this is basically the sort of gem you're always hoping for when you dig through the mountains of direct-to-video dreck out there. Because of that, I would definitely give it a higher recommendation than my numerical rating would suggest.

7.5/10

No comments: