Friday, October 15, 2010

2010 Haunt Reviews: Dungeon of Terror

Dungeon of Terror
1741 E 120th Ave
Northglenn, CO

Although this is not the first year that Dungeon of Terror has been open, I had never heard of it until the same day that I visited. Unfortunately, I think there's a reason for that - while I can appreciate the effort put into it, it's really just not up to the level of the more well-known haunts. It felt unfinished and awkward, from the line and entryway that lacked any sort of atmosphere or preparation for the haunt to come to the points at which you step outside of the structure briefly, and find yourself out in a plain field, in full view of the parking lot.

This is not to say it's a waste of time. The actors were generally enthusiastic, so you will get a few decent jump scares. A lot of effort clearly went into some of the rooms, and there was one (with the outer space aesthetic) that was very effective. It just doesn't come together very well, lacking that level of polish. Really, I'd say it felt like an overgrown home haunt. I did enjoy it, but I can't recommend it.

3/10

No comments: